[ASC-list] Sydney event: Physics in the Pub variety night - Monday 20th
phildooley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 12:12:11 UTC 2016
Final lineup announced
The latest, newest, slickest physics in the pub is coming your way. Songs,
demos, poems, it's all happening. Eight-minute physics bites from all over
the physical universe will have you oohing and aahing, laughing and
carousing from t = 0!
FREE! 6.30 for 7 PM, Monday 20 June
Upstairs at 3 Wise Monkeys pub, 555 George St, Sydney
· Technology has changed in *Ken Silburn’s* (PM’s prize for science
teaching, Casual HS) lifetime and will keep changing. He’s going to talk
about the good old days and the amazing future ahead.
· *Ian Bryce *will magically reveal the quantum world, using light. So
simple yet elegant!
· *Rob Hollow* (CSIRO) wants to know where are all the aliens are.
Have you ever seen one?
· Physicists stand accused of not explaining gravitational waves. *Phil
Dooley* (Phil Up On Science) will rectify that.
· *Fred Watson* (Anglo-Australian telescope) will take us on a merry
ride through the cosmos. If we’re lucky his guitar will come too.
· *Martin Ploschner* and *Denitza Denkova* (Macquarie) love discos and
raves, they’re going to bring their glow in the dark gear to play with.
· *Heather Catchpole* (Refraction Media) wowed us last time with poems
through the ether – this time, she’ll be there in person
· *Graeme Melville* (UNSW) will take us beyond the solar system
looking for life on other planets!
· *Peter Rohde* (UTS) will prove that you can derive the answer to
anything using basic principles of physics in 30 seconds. Have your science
questions ready for him!
· *Phil Dooley* (Phil Up On Science) will explain why grass should be
There will also be the great stuff that physicists like - tests,
interdisciplinary collaborations, and beer!
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer and presenter
YouTube: Phil Up On Science
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: 0414 94 55 77
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list