[ASC-list] Science communication is boring and hard...?

Will Grant will.grant at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 22 23:45:58 UTC 2016

Something new from Rod and Will?
View this email in your browser<http://us13.campaign-archive2.com/?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=fa3339869c&e=e00c8143da>

Greetings humans!

Knowing things is awesome, but it's really hard to work out what the awesomest<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=f7367d397e&e=e00c8143da> things<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=ac77f5f2a5&e=e00c8143da> to know are. That’s why we go to uni, read books, watch documentaries, ask smart people questions, go on vision quests, do training courses, subject ourselves to webinars, and, and, and...

So. Much. Effort.

It’s exhausting really, and like you, we were pretty much ready to give up...

But what if we told you we found a way around this? What if you didn’t have to resign yourself to living in a dank and tiny world, squinting to see by the dim light of ignorance?

What if you could live in a world where you can know things without suffering, a world where knowledge, amusement, stories and 'misc’ all blended together in a seamless experience of mind-expanding joyfulment? And what if, in this magical world, knowledge was caressed straight into your brain in easy-to-digest, mentally nutritious, once-a-month sessions?

Rejoice ye all, for this world exists! The Wholesome Show<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=42abf857fd&e=e00c8143da> brings together the cleverest and most interesting people to talk about the singularly most thought-provoking questions ever to be asked by sentient beings. And all this happens with tasty beverages, served in a warm and cuddly environment, orchestrated by the two somethingest hosts ever to host anything.

If you’re thinking that sounds too life-threatening to miss out on, you’re right. But you don’t have to miss out. You can save your life (and perhaps your friends lives, too).

Nice warm hugs,
Will’n’Rod

PS– first show July 13<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=b9499a7ed7&e=e00c8143da> at the Wig and Pen. Bigger than Ben Hur and way less expensive!

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/images/fae0b1f6-db4a-4eba-914e-09efff2fcfe0.jpg]