[ASC-list] Visual Entanglement exhibition invite (Adelaide)

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Wed Mar 16 01:16:31 UTC 2016

For anyone in Adelaide....

Art Exhibition

Visual entanglement
21 March - 3 June 2016

Official opening: 6-7pm, Tuesday 22 March
FutureSpace Gallery (55 Exchange Place, The Science Exchange Adelaide SA)
RSVP by Monday, March 21, 2016 to carolyn at mkdesign.com.au<mailto:carolyn at mkdesign.com.au>

Gallery opening hours:
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm
Artist statement
This exhibition is an expression of my understanding of quantum physics. I'm attempting to communicate how fundamental particles may have evolved. Quarks & leptons are the building blocks of matter - I've created curls & waves that relate to the physical properties found in these particles. The curved structures also create a framework that allows for connections and entangled systems to manifest and evolve that couldn't happen any other way.
Malcolm Koch, highly commended at the last Waterhouse Natural Science Art Prize, explores the unseen physiology of our world using his unique style of working with curved surfaces. This allows the surface geometry to play a part in creating an authentic interpretation of our natural world. Following these interactions the 'membrane' is returned to the flat picture plane - creating a metaphor for how we observe.
The discovery of this working practice has lead to a distinctive visual language and body of work he calls Membrane Art. An aesthetic thought that has largely been overlooked.