[ASC-list] JOB: Opportunity to join outreach and education team at ANSTO - applications due Sunday [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

BARLEY, Andy barleya at ansto.gov.au
Tue May 3 06:44:19 UTC 2016

Hi all,

ANSTO has a great opportunity for someone to join our sci comm team! It's part of ANSTO's graduate program, however the role would also suit someone with more experience, both the pay and responsibilities are higher than the name might suggest. It's a very flexible program, so if you already have awesome skills you will absolutely get to own and drive things at a high level.

ANSTO is one of Australia's largest public research organisations. We have 1200 people working at our main campus in Southern Sydney and another 100 at the Australian Synchrotron in Melbourne. A lot of people know us for making nuclear medicine (which an average of one in two Australians will use in their lifetimes), but we are much more than that - our research goes across many aspects of human health, the environment and technology using some of the coolest facilities in the country.

Our group are a flexible, growing team of about 20 people. This isn't just a presenter/facilitator role (although you will get to do that too) - you will be given your own programs to personally oversee, design and expand. Half our team works in education and outreach, which includes:

  *   video conferencing with schools across Australia
  *   a nationally-touring interactive theatre show (Fact or Fiction 2.0)
  *   hands-on science and tech workshops for primary/high school
  *   science/careers shows in schools
  *   teacher professional development
  *   citizen science projects
  *   tours for schools and community groups

The variety of programs we deliver has really grown over the last five years, and there is a nice mix of experience along with opportunities for expansion. My experience has been that if you can design and justify a new project then the team are likely to back it.

The other half of our team works on news articles, social media, events, marketing, sponsorship, internal comms, etc. We work together on a lot of things, so there will be opportunities to build your skills in whatever interests you. The program also includes a rotation so you can get experience in another area e.g. business development, research management, or technical areas.

The contact on the website is for our HR team, but I'm happy to help if you have more specific questions.

Applications close Sunday 8 May 2016 (apologies for the late notice, I have just realised my earlier email didn't go through)
More details at www.ansto.gov.au/becomeinspiring<http://www.ansto.gov.au/becomeinspiring>

Kind regards,
Andy

Andy Barley
ANSTO Graduate
ANSTO Communications and Community Relations
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
Tel
Email
Web

+61 2 9717 3090
andy.barley at ansto.gov.au<mailto:andy.barley at ansto.gov.au>
www.ansto.gov.au<http://www.ansto.gov.au/>

[fb]<http://www.facebook.com/DiscoverANSTO> [tw] <https://twitter.com/ANSTO>  [ln] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ansto>  [yt] <http://www.youtube.com/user/ANSTOVideos>

[ansto]

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the intended addressee. It is confidential to the intended addressee and may contain privileged information and or copyright material. If this email is not intended for your attention, any use, printing, storage , reproduction or further disclosure of this communication (including all attachments) is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or email and immediately delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.