[ASC-list] Fwd: Call for Submissions - SCANZ 2016 Conference

fabien medvecky fabienmedvecky at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:17:40 UTC 2016

SCANZ Conference 2016 - Call for conference submissions now open.
[image: SCANZ - Science Communicators Association of New Zealand]
Call for conference submissions now open *SCANZ Conference 14-16 November
2016 - Dunedin*

*The 2016 SCANZ conference’s theme is: Connecting science and society. *

We welcome submissions that demonstrate science communication as a practice
and/or theory relevant to this year’s themes: Connecting science and
society.

Submission can be in the form of a sole presenter, a panel discussion, a
performance, or a poster.

Along side the general theme of the conference we will also have two
special streams for the 2016 conference:

   1. Science and art
   2. Participatory and citizen science.

*Submission instructions*

   - 200 word maximum
   - Provide a title and abstract or outline of the session content
   - State the session format e.g. panel discussion, performance, sole
   presenter, poster etc,
   - Nominate if the proposal is to be in the general stream or in one of
   the two special streams

Please submit your proposal by 5 pm, 17 June 2016

*Full instructions and submission upload at  scanz.co.nz/conference/
<http://scanz.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1d646be3139ac11da9095e93f&id=948ce89026&e=7fe913fb5f>*
We look forward to seeing you there
*The SCANZ Team*

www.scanz.co.nz
<http://scanz.us10.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=1d646be3139ac11da9095e93f&id=bdc5640465&e=7fe913fb5f>

Dr Fabien Medvecky
Lecturer in Science Communication
Master's Programme Coordinator

President, Science Communicators' Association of New Zealand

The Centre for Science Communication ‖ University of Otago
(tel) +64 3 479 7848
fabien.medvecky at otago.ac.nz <fabienmedvecky at gmail.com> ‖
*https://otago.academia.edu/FabienMedvecky
<https://otago.academia.edu/FabienMedvecky> *‖ @FabienMedvecky