[ASC-list] Due SUNDAY this week for both onsite and digital delegates: Call for papers, case studies, posters, science art, workshops and more! ASC2017: Seeing Science Differently

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Wed Nov 2 04:10:44 UTC 2016

Dear ASCers,

Thank you to all those bouncing around ideas for the upcoming conference,
and for the questions and submissions we have already received!

For the first time we are accepting submissions for the program from both
onsite delegates and digital delegates in our first blended onsite/online
conference.

The original call for papers is copied below in case you missed it.

Remember to include your answer to the following question with your
submission:

*How does your work/project/proposal contribute to Seeing Science
Differently?*

We will be following up with those who have not yet submitted this answer
to assist the program committee with their selections next week. If you
haven't yet responded to this question but have sent something in please
take a few moments to send that in too!

Depending on the volume of submissions received we are going to try very
hard to finalise the program selection in just *one week *so that those who
have submitted proposals will receive feedback promptly.

To make that tight deadline more viable, please include all things we have
requested with your proposal as follows:

All proposals: *How does your work/project/proposal contribute to Seeing
Science Differently?*

Types of submissions and what to submit for each:

   - Research papers
   <http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/research-stream-call-for-papers/>: submit
   your abstract, bio and photo by 1st December 2016.*
   - Case studies: submit your abstract, bio and photo by 6th November 2016.
   - Posters: submit your abstract, bio and photo by 6th November 2016.
   - Science Art: submit your abstract, bio and photo by 6th November 2016.
   See note below.#
   - Professional Development workshops: submit your workshop abstract and
   proposal, bio and photo by 6th November 2016.
   - Sessions: submit your session abstract and proposal, bio and photo by
   6th November 2016. Include speaker bios and photos if relevant.

*#Science Art Exhibitors* The FutureSpace Gallery at the venue will be
hosting an exhibition of astrophotography images at the time of the
conference so there is no dedicated space on site for a science art
exhibition this year. However,* we’d be delighted to incorporate a digital
gallery on the conference website and run a projection of science art
images and video during the conference*. If you are a science art
practitioner keen to include your work in the conference program (whether
or not you can attend the event in person), please submit your interest in
participating in the science art gallery by the 6th November 2016 as
outlined above. If there is interest we will invite selected exhibitors to
participate in one or more science art webinars depending on the mix of
submissions received.

NOTE: If you are waiting on workplace permission to go ahead with your
proposal please submit your proposal with a statement at the top indicating
that this is what you intend PENDING final approval. That way we will still
give your idea serious consideration for a space in the program even if it
has to be withdrawn at a later date (we usually have a wait-list for
program spots so that is not an issue).

Have we forgotten anything?

Let us know at program.committee at asc.asn.au if you still have questions,
otherwise we are really looking forward to some stimulating reading next
week.

Best wishes,

Kali Madden

On behalf of the ASC2017 Program Committee