[ASC-list] The Australian manual of scientific style is now available

Rachael Dash Rachael.Dash at biotext.com.au
Tue Oct 4 00:35:15 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

After 3 years of development, Biotext is thrilled to announce that the Australian manual of scientific style (AMOSS) is now available!

As you may already be aware, AMOSS is designed to offer a number of benefits for anyone working in science communication or publication. Unlike other currently available style guides, AMOSS:

·         brings together scientific conventions and standards for a wide range of disciplines and aspects of communication, from writing clearly to getting a graph right

·         is researched, written and tested specifically for an Australian audience

·         is online.

The Australian science communication community has been requesting such a style manual for many years – for example, at conferences and seminars, and during projects – and Biotext was in a position to provide it. It has been a complex and challenging, but rewarding, task to get so much information onto a platform that is both user friendly and highly robust.

To get it right, we have called on subject-matter experts to review and revise AMOSS, so that we can be confident that it reflects current best practice. We also continue to welcome ideas and opinions for AMOSS, and will be continuously revising the manual in response to user input: What is most useful to you? What is missing? Do you have better examples for us to use? Do you have better Australian content? Can we better arrange the information?

We very much look forward to working with you.

Warmest regards,

Rachael Dash,

on behalf of the Biotext team.

Rachael Dash
Business Manager  |  Biotext

Trevor Pearcey House (Block E) Level 1
34 Thynne St
Bruce ACT 2617
p 02 6282 2280
m 0411 209115
e rachael.dash at biotext.com.au<mailto:rachael.dash at biotext.com.au>
w www.biotext.com.au<http://www.biotext.com.au/>
Biotext LinkedIn page<http://www.linkedin.com/company/biotext-pty-ltd?trk=biz-companies-cym>
Biotext’s Australian manual of scientific style (AMOSS)<https://www.sciencestyle.com.au/>

The latest from Biotext
State of the environment expertise: Biotext has developed immense expertise in state of the environment reporting, starting with our role in editing and designing Australia state of the environment 2011<http://www.biotext.com.au/project/australia-state-of-the-environment-2011/> and continued with the 2013 South Australian state of the environment report<http://www.biotext.com.au/project/state-of-the-environment-south-australia-2013/> and the 2015 state of the environment report for the Australian Capital Territory<http://www.biotext.com.au/project/act-state-of-the-environment-report/>. We are now working on the 2016 national report.