[ASC-list] Our👏🏼Wholesome👏🏼Guests👏🏼Next👏🏼Week👏🏼

Will Grant will.grant at anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 7 05:32:27 UTC 2016

Coming up Next Wednesday on The Wholesome Show...

We have these 3 guests PLUS one mystery guest. Of course you've already worked out that this means we will have 4 people to help us be smarterer next week. Nice work, you!

These fine folks are going to talk with us about music, sound, rhythm and all the things those things touch. (Spoiler alert, they don't only touch humans...)

Why not pop along to the Wig & Pen next Wednesday<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=0979528dd6&e=e00c8143da>, October 12 at 7:30 and see if the rhythm really does getcha.

Nice warm hugs,
Rod'n'Will
____________________

PS - Tix for the next show come from here<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=9b16f52e76&e=e00c8143da>.

PPS - If you want to see video of Will and Rod getting dive-bombed by Magpies while riding a tandem bicycle, you should visit our Facebook<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=fd24878fa8&e=e00c8143da> page

PPP - if you haven't already, why not subscribe to our email list<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=cc0a38d4e4&e=e00c8143da>? There's no spam, just a few mind-twerking messages from us each month.
Best*. Email list. Ever...

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/images/6a806f47-288b-4325-92d7-6c9581a4ab73.jpg]

Tim Hollo
Tim is a super respected environmentalist and musician, having worked for organisations including the Greens, Greenpeace, 350.org<http://350.org> and others, as well as performing in venues from Woodford Folk Festival to New York's Carnegie Hall. Tim is the founder and Executive Director of Green Music Australia<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=3538c0f04f&e=e00c8143da>, served as Communications Director for Christine Milne, sits on the board of Greenpeace Australia Pacific, and has been published in the Guardian, ABC Online, Crikey and elsewhere.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/images/929d434f-a191-4b7f-8e47-0e0e72b5ee3f.jpg]

Assoc. Prof Samantha Bennett
Sam's research focuses on recorded popular music, phonomusicological analysis of popular music recordings and associated contextual studies of workplace, recordists and technologies. Her first book, Modern Records, Maverick Methods: Technology and Process in Contemporary Record Production is forthcoming from University of Michigan Press 'Tracking Pop' series. Currently working on a 33 1/3 series book on Siouxsie and the Banshees' Peepshow (Bloomsbury).

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/images/7ba0823c-6cef-4043-9566-2cc752742804.jpeg]

Dr Bonnie McConnell
Bonnie received her PhD in ethnomusicology from the University of Washington in August 2015. Her doctoral dissertation is titled Singing the Unsayable: Female Performers and Global Health in The Gambia. Bonnie’s primary research interests include music, gender and wellbeing, music and Islam, and music of Africa and the African diaspora. Her research has been supported by fellowships from the Fulbright-Hays Program and the American Association of University Women. Bonnie has taught courses on music cultures of the world and American popular music at the University of Washington.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/images/ad623daf-13ea-4f2f-9d79-73f377860f27.jpg]

Secret Bird Person who is either a professor or a PhD candidate in birdsongology
Why a bird person? Cos animals use sound and music and rhythm at least as much as we hew-mahns do. So we couldn't talk about this topic without representing for our non-human cousins.

Very interesting, we agree...

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=81fc90e22c&e=e00c8143da>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=ee755974c6&e=e00c8143da>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png]<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=d63df745ab&e=e00c8143da>

Copyright © 2016 The Wholesome Show, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you opted in on The Wholesome Show website. That's awesome!

Our mailing address is:
The Wholesome Show
Building 42a
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT  2601
Australia

Add us to your address book<http://wholesomeshow.us13.list-manage.com/vcard?u=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&id=9af7d5da0a>

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f&afl=1>

Dr Will J Grant
Graduate Studies Convener | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University | 1.06 Peter Baume Building, Building 42a<https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35.2758661,149.1174669,79m/data=!3m1!1e3> | Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
will.grant at anu.edu.au<mailto:will.grant at anu.edu.au> | +61450105489 | 50241
calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=willjohngrant@gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney&mode=WEEK&> | twitter<http://twitter.com/willozap> | skype: WillJ99 | web<http://cpas.anu.edu.au/person/dr-will-grant>
Cricos Provider# 00120C

Here’s something you might like: The Wholesome Show<http://wholesomeshow.com/>