[ASC-list] Survey on personal DNA testing live at genioz.net.au: help us understand Australians' views and expectations

Bronwyn Terrill bronwyn.terrill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 22:53:10 UTC 2016

Dear ASC-ers

Would you like to participate in (and/or share) a survey on personal
genomic testing now live at http://genioz.net.au? It would take around 15
minutes of your time, depending on your experience with personal genetic
tests, and people who complete the survey go into a draw for a prize.

We're looking for any opportunities to write or talk about the topic of
personal genomics in newsletters, media channels or online magazines -- any
outlet that might reach new people to tell us what they think.

This survey is part of a 3 year ARC-funded study looking at Australians'
awareness and expectations of personal genomic testing. These tests can
look at many thousands of genes at the same time, and can be used in
different ways, including fitness, ancestry, paternity and health. We have
an interdisciplinary team working on a mixed methods project towards
recommendations about education, communication and public engagement
strategies to support and empower the Australian public so that they can
make informed decisions about their use of these personal genetic
technologies.

Please contact me if you'd like to know more -- we're trying to get the
survey out through professional and personal networks. We've had more than
year.

It would be great to see if we can get it out further. Our focus is
Australian, but O/S respondents are also highly valued. People can follow
us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/geniozstudy/ or Twitter at
https://twitter.com/Genioz_study.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Terrill | Education and Communication, Kinghorn Centre for Clinical
Genomics

Garvan Institute of Medical Research

M: + 61 (0) 45 845 4546   | E: b.terrill at garvan.org.au