[ASC-list] Call for papers, case studies, posters, science art, workshops and more! ASC2017: Seeing Science Differently

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Wed Oct 19 04:06:33 UTC 2016

Dear ASCers,

We are delighted to invite you to submit your expressions of interest for
inclusion in the ASC2017 conference program at our first ever blended
online and onsite conference.

For ASC2017 we are offering a digital/online program stream to complement
the 2 days onsite so that members who cannot travel to attend the
conference in person will still have an opportunity to participate in
ASC2017 via online webinars and be included in the program and online if
selected. We hope this means we will see more from our collaborators from
SCANZ and elsewhere!

Note that sessions accepted for the digital program stream will be
scheduled at times separate to the onsite program and both schedules
(onsite and online) will be made available after the program committee has
reviewed submissions. This is a first for the national conference so please
don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not yet clear.

The theme for ASC2017 is *“Seeing Science Differently”* and we will be
particularly interested in session proposals, papers, case studies and
posters that speak to this theme. Have a think about how your work or
project contributes to the world seeing science differently. Your
submission will include a few words about how your proposal fits with the
theme as outlined on the conference website at: http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/
call-for-papers-session-proposals-posters-and-more/

The conference is being held over two full days at The Science Exchange in
Adelaide, Thursday 23 and Friday 24 February 2017, with an evening
networking event on the Thursday and optional happy hour networking after
the conference wrap-up on Friday.

Similar to previous conferences <http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/about-asc/> we
are keen to include a mix of science communication research and theory as
well as case studies and real life stories from practitioners.
Quick points of note:

   - ASC2017 will include a digital conference stream to expand the program
   and include those unable to attend the 2 day event in person. Please
   indicate if this is you when submitting.
   - Submissions due by end Sunday 6th November 2016
   - Research submissions for peer review due by 1st December 2016 (
   http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/research-stream-call-for-papers/
   <http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/research-stream-call-for-papers/>)

More info at: http://2017conf.asc.asn.au/call-for-papers-session-
proposals-posters-and-more/

*#Science Art Exhibitors *The FutureSpace Gallery at the venue will be
hosting an exhibition of astrophotography images at the time of the
conference so there is no dedicated space on site for a science art
exhibition this year. Instead we’d be delighted to incorporate a digital
gallery on the conference website if you are a science art practitioner
keen to include your work in the conference program whether or not you can
attend the event in person. Please submit your interest in participating in
the science art gallery by the 6th November 2016 as outlined on the
conference website. If there is interest we will invite selected exhibitors
to participate in one or more science art webinars depending on the mix of
submissions received.
<http://www.asc.asn.au/>
Please don't hesitate to contact program.committee at asc.asn.au with
questions and/or to discuss your ideas for ASC2017.

We look forward to an incredible array of talent and good things for this
Ninth National Conference of the Australian Science Communicators.

Best wishes,

Kali Madden
On behalf of the ASC2017 Program Committee

<http://www.asc.asn.au/>

[image: photo]
*Kali Madden*
Executive Officer / Conference Director, Australian Science Communicators
(ASC)
p:office.asc | e:office at asc.asn.au | w:http://community.asc.asn.au | a:Suite
23011, 1 Mowla Dr, Ashmore QLD 4214
<http://www.facebook.com/auscicomm>  <http://twitter.com/auscicomm>