[ASC-list] ASC-Victoria: Announcing our 2016 AGM + Dinner

George Aranda george.aranda at deakin.edu.au
Wed Oct 26 05:46:49 UTC 2016

The ASC-Vic is announcing their end of year dinner and AGM.

Where: Lincoln Hotel, 91 Cardigan St Carlton
When: November 23rd, 2016 at 6pm for the AGM and 6:30pm for the dinner
What: ASC will buy you a free beer/wine for coming out to the AGM

We have tables reserved for ASC members to dine together and have a good old-fashioned catch up. Please come down, volunteer to join the committee if you want, and be part of our planning for 2017.

RSVP to George Aranda (george.aranda at deakin.edu.au<mailto:george.aranda at deakin.edu.au>) if you are joining us.

Cheers,

George

Victorian Branch AGM - Further Information

Only paid up ASC members can participate in the formal business parts of the evening, including electing Branch Committee. If you can't make it on the night do send along a proxy so your voice is heard.

Meeting Agenda

·         Confirm minutes from 2015 AGM

·         President's report (George Aranda)

·         Treasurer's report (Anneliese Gillard)

·         Nominations for 2016 committee

·         Other business

Branch Committee Positions

·         President

·         Representative on ASC National Executive

·         Secretary

·         Treasurer

·         Ordinary Committee Members

Nominating for committee positions

Nominations for committee positions are open. Self-nominations are acceptable.

The current Committee encourages new applications from ASC members who would like to get involved in shaping and leading activities and events.

Nominations for Branch Committee positions are encouraged in advance of the AGM (please send these to george.aranda at deakin.edu.au<mailto:george.aranda at deakin.edu.au>). Nominations will also be accepted at the AGM.

Any ASC member based in Victoria can stand for a branch committee position.

Voting by proxy at the AGM

If you cannot attend the AGM you may wish to nominate a proxy, prior to the AGM.

Note proxy nominations cannot be accepted at the AGM. We require them to be emailed to George by 12pm on Wednesday 16th of November 2016.

You can nominate any ASC member based in Victoria as your proxy, but you both need to be financial members of the ASC.

To nominate a proxy all you have to do george.aranda at deakin.edu.au<mailto:george.aranda at deakin.edu.au> saying who you are, and which member you are giving your vote to, e.g.

Dear George,

I'd like to assign my proxy vote for the ASC Victorian AGM to Joe Bloggs.

Best wishes,

Jane Doe

--
Dr George Aranda
Science Education Research Fellow

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.