[ASC-list] 2016 ASC Grants Program - OPEN NOW! Some amazing opportunities on offer

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:31:55 UTC 2016

Dear members and friends,

In the September edition of our member newsletter Scope we announced the opening of our 2016 (and 3rd) ASC Annual Grants Program and that we are Inviting applications.

This is just another reminder for those who might have missed it and of course for those of you who aren't members but might be enticed by the opportunities of some great grants and internships on offer.

I would like to again thank our 2016 sponsors Cosmos Magazine and MD Writing and Editing for their generous contributions to the program this year.

[cid:image001.png at 01D20F98.800829F0]     [cid:image004.jpg at 01D20F98.983791F0]

In addition to our two grants (worth $600 each), we also have an exciting internship available with Cosmos Magazine and a special opportunity to undertake a writing coaching program with MD Writing and Editing.

You can read more about the program at www.asc.asn.au/grants<http://www.asc.asn.au/grants>.

The program is open to ASC members only who need to submit applications by 30th September 2016 (yes that's only two weeks away!). The Grants Program has shown to be a great asset to the ASC membership and we even have some great success stories from previous winners getting job offers post internships and workshops.

I am also delighted to welcome Miriam Sullivan to the role of Co-Manager for the ASC Annual Grants Program. Miriam is a lecturer in science communication at The University of Western Australia and a keen advocate of the professionalisation of science communication. Miriam believes the ASC Grants program is a fantastic avenue for enabling communicators to access targeted professional development. We know that Miriam will be a great asset to the program given her experience, network and genuine enthusiasm for professional development for communicators. Welcome Miriam!

Any enquiries about the program can be directed to grants at asc.asn.au<mailto:grants at asc.asn.au> or you can simply reply to this email.

Good luck with the applications and please pass this around to anyone who may be interested. Some of these opportunities may be of particular interest to early-career scicommers or those wanting to update their skillset.

Kind regards,
Ian McDonald
ASC Grants Program Manager (2014-16)