[ASC-list] Australian Conservation Foundation Rivers Fellowship

Lindy Orthia lindy.orthia at anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 05:55:21 UTC 2017

Apologies for cross-posting.

Contact Jono La Nauze if you’re interested (details at bottom) - he’s very happy to answer questions about the program for anyone thinking about applying.

WE CAN KEEP OUR LIFEBLOOD FLOWING

Are you a passionate emerging leader living in the Murray-Darling Basin?

The Rivers Fellowship program gives leaders practical skills to campaign for healthier rivers. You'll learn strategy, messaging,  lobbying, advocacy and community mobilisation so you can run local campaigns in your area.

Applications are now open.<https://www.acf.org.au/lifeblood_fellowship_application>

The Australian Conservation Foundation is partnering with the Lifeblood Alliance to train community leaders to run campaigns and empower their local communities to advocate for a healthy Murray-Darling Basin.

We are calling for leaders to step forward.

Throughout the fellowship, you'll learn practical skills to impact policy decisions, mobilise your community and shape the public conversation about our Basin. This includes:

•        An intensive weekend retreat on changing the story (28-30 April) in Renmark

•        A second intensive retreat on building people power (27-29 May)

•        Eight webinars focusing on specific skills to run local campaigns

•        Eight coaching sessions for feedback and advice

•        Ongoing support and a small budget to run your own local campaign activities including community events in August

•        The National Water Week Summit and fellowship graduation in Canberra (14-16 October)

More info: https://www.acf.org.au/rivers_fellowship

<http://acf.org.au/>[A C F]<http://www.acf.org.au/>

Jonathan La Nauze
Healthy Ecosystems Program Manager | Australian Conservation Foundation
Level 1 - 60 Leicester Street, Carlton 3053, Australia
Ph +61 3 9345 1124  Mob +61 402 904 251
www.acf.org.au<http://www.acf.org.au/>   @AusConservation<https://twitter.com/AusConservation>   facebook<https://www.facebook.com/AustralianConservationFoundation>

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us by return email and permanently delete the document.

We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of this country and their continuing connection to land, waters and community.
We pay respect to their elders past and present and to the pivotal role that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people continue to play in caring for country across Australia.