[ASC-list] Pre National Science Week Mixer Victoria

Lynette Plenderleith lynette.plenderleith at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 05:12:45 UTC 2017

Open mic begins at 6:30 on Thursday! Please make sure you or your rep is
there in time to ensure you get the full Pre National Science Week
experience!

Also, if you haven't yet, please register on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pre-national-science-week-mixer-2017-open-mic-and-networking-tickets-36652132515>
(
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pre-national-science-week-mixer-2017-open-mic-and-networking-tickets-36652132515
) so we know who to expect.

We'll see you at the Markov on Thursday! Any questions, please e-mail
Lynette <lynette.plenderleith at gmail.com> (vic_president at asc.asn.au).

---

National Science Week <http://www.scienceweek.net.au/> will soon be here
(August 12 -20) and we'd like to celebrate with you all before it all kicks
off with a Pre-National Science Week Mixer at Markov
<https://www.markov.com.au/>!

This is the forth year ASC Victoria has run this event - and we hope once
again it will be a chance to mingle with event holders, catch up and hear
all about what is happening in Victoria for science week.

   - *When:* Thursday 10th August, 2017, 6:00-9:00pm
   - *Where:* The Markov Bar, 350 Drummond St, Carlton (Back Bar)
   - *$$:* This event is FREE.
   - *Who: *Come on down and bring any interested people you know

Bring your friends and colleagues for an evening to get in the National
Science Week mood, or just to have fun and meet other like-minded people
engaged in science and science communication. We will be inviting
science-minded people from all over Victoria, including Royal Society of
Victoria, Melbourne Skeptics, Royal Society of Victoria, Laborastory
Melbourne, University Science Societies and more.

Event-holders will be given the opportunity to briefly talk about their
events and we will be giving away door prizes and National Science Week
goodie-bags to create a fun networking experience.

Please register on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/pre-national-science-week-mixer-2017-open-mic-and-networking-tickets-36652132515>and
we will see you at the Markov on Thursday August 10! Any questions, please
e-mail Lynette <lynette.plenderleith at gmail.com>.

Best wishes,

Australian Science Communicators Victoria

--
*Lynette Plenderleith, Ph.D.*
Science Communicator

lynplen.com