[ASC-list] VIC EVENT: Supporting girls in STEM, Thursday September 7, University of Melbourne
claire.a.farrugia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 07:27:08 UTC 2017
*Supporting girls in STEM: Strategies for the classroom and beyond
Location: Forum Theatre, Arts West Building, University of Melbourne
Date: Thursday 7th September
In 2016, women made up just 16% of Australia's STEM-qualified people
(Australia's STEM Workforce Report, March 2016).
We invite you to show your commitment to improving this statistic for
future Australians. Join In2science for a discussion about Supporting Girls
in STEM: Strategies for the classroom and beyond.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Engage with a panel of experts in STEM outreach, education and gender
- Contribute to discussions about practical outcomes with other members
of the In2science community
- Share your own experiences and insights on supporting girls in STEM
- Network with outreach organisations and other people committed to
encouraging girls and women to pursue STEM fields
- Teachers who attend the event may use it as part of their Professional
Development under the Australian Professional Standards for Teaching (APST)
7.4 Engage with Professional Teaching Networks and Broader Communities.
Please share this event within your networks for others who may be
More details about our panellists to be released soon!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list