[ASC-list] Science editor position available in Canberra

Rachael Dash Rachael.Dash at biotext.com.au
Thu Jan 12 01:21:10 UTC 2017

We’re looking for a motivated science editor to come join us in our busy but smallish (15 of us) office in Canberra.

You will have:

  *   Tertiary qualifications in science, health or biomedical science, and/or communications
  *   Training and/or experience in science writing and editing
  *   Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, including formatting using templates
  *   Accuracy and attention to detail
  *   Demonstrated ability to work within a team

We will:

  *   Teach you some things about design and data visualisation
  *   Be really flexible with working hours and let you live a life outside the office
  *   Introduce you to some big projects in the science, health and government sectors
  *   Help you with your professional development
  *   Provide free coffee and biscuits
  *   Argue with you about commas … and hyphens ... or not …

Find more on our website at http://www.biotext.com.au/whats-new/work-at-biotext/

Closing 10 Feb.

Rachael Dash
Business Manager  |  Biotext

Trevor Pearcey House (Block E) Level 1
34 Thynne St
Bruce ACT 2617
p 02 6282 2280
m 0411 209115
e rachael.dash at biotext.com.au<mailto:rachael.dash at biotext.com.au>
w www.biotext.com.au<http://www.biotext.com.au/>
Biotext LinkedIn page<http://www.linkedin.com/company/biotext-pty-ltd?trk=biz-companies-cym>
The Australian manual of scientific style (AMOSS)<https://www.sciencestyle.com.au/> is now available at sciencestyle.com.au<https://www.sciencestyle.com.au/>

The latest from Biotext
HTML conversions: Many documents and publications are now being converted to HTML for use on the web. HTML provides an accessible and archivable solution for important information. Biotext has a full range of document conversion services to meet your needs. Some conversions may require writing in plain English, writing for the web and writing alternative text for images. We can also provide additional services such as information design, user testing and advanced search functions. We recently completed a large document conversion for the 2015 ACT state of the environment report<http://www.biotext.com.au/project/act-state-of-the-environment-report/>.