[ASC-list] Sydney science communication event

Smriti Mallapaty smriti.mallapaty at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 11:10:11 UTC 2017

The ASC NSW branch is organizing an event on Monday 14 August. We have some
amazing speakers lined up, so please come join us! We will send round
speaker details shortly.

Lost in translation: Bridging the science communication gap

We'll be presenting a dynamic panel with Australia's leading science
journalists and scientists and asking for a no-holds barred discussion on
the recipe for success in delivering high-quality science journalism to the
masses. We'll be asking for your horror stories, biggest wins, and key tips
on delivering Australia's best science journalism - from the nuances of
fact checking to the attitudes of scientists to communicating their
research.

The event will be held at UTS as part of Science Week on 14 August at 6:30
PM. We'd love for you to join us for this event, brought to you by the
Australian Science Communicators NSW branch.

DATE AND TIME

Mon. 14 August 2017

6:30 pm – 8:30 pm AEST

LOCATION