[ASC-list] Peer Prize for Women

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Thu Jun 8 07:56:48 UTC 2017

UMelb Node: Hannah Fraser enters the Peer Prize for Women in Science
From Hannah: “I've entered the Peer Prize for Women in Science <http://decision-point.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3ba73c9adaed1e77fdc6c0a9e&id=b6d75c61b6&e=e0f40e4699> this year for work I conducted as part of CEED during my PhD. I think it's the start of a movement away from traditional grant funding where the process is completely obscure and it's difficult to know why one person was selected over another. The idea is that scientific peers will register and vote for to best research in two categories: 1) Life Sciences and 2) Earth, Environmental and Space Sciences. The entrant with the most votes in each category receives $20,000 towards their research expenses. There are some excellent entries and it would be fantastic if you could spare the time to support the idea by voting for what you consider the best research, note that you can vote for multiple people/teams if you would like.”
For more info on the Peer Prize for Women in Science 2017 see
https://the-peer-prize-for-women-in-science-2017.thinkable.org/ <http://decision-point.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3ba73c9adaed1e77fdc6c0a9e&id=e03b40e0f7&e=e0f40e4699>
Note, voting closes on 16 June 2017.

(Taken from David Salt’s excellent weekly roundup of environmental matters, DBytes.  Decision Point: http://www.decision-point.com.au/ <http://www.decision-point.com.au/>)

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
CAMPBELL ACT 2612

Visiting Scholar, Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science

P. 02 6249 7400
M. 0408 704 442
E. director at tossgascoigne.com.au
W. tossgascoigne.com.au