[ASC-list] Adelaide - call for physics presenters

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 11:19:37 UTC 2017

HI All

I'm running a Physics in the Pub event partnered with the Aust Institute of
Physics on March 24, and there are a couple of slots open for creative 8
minute science presentations - contact me ASAP.

Details below:

---
Eight snappy physics acts, each of a mere eight minutes - and YOU are
invited to take part.

Just give us eight minutes of phun, phascinating physics: a demo, a story,
a song, some stand-up or a new twist on a traditional presentation. You
know what I mean - we’re not talking frictionless inclined planes or
spherical cows in a vacuum. Maybe even no
equations?!?

Connect on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/648145808720931/ -
please like and share

(It's a distant cousin of the Science in the Pub Adelaide series, but
different to their awesome discussion-style panels!)

In Sydney and Canberra we've had touch-paper explosions, particle physics
gaming, songs, potty-mouthed stand up and some plain ol' damn good physics
talks. Professors, students, teachers. Adelaide, it's your turn to emit
radiation isotropically!

Anything goes in this format which is sweeping the UK – show off an
innovative approach to communication in front of a friendly audience.
Astronomy, quantum, particle physics, materials, geophysics, everything
welcome!

Or if you’re too chicken to try it, then mark the date, and come along to
laugh, cry and cheer!

I will be your MC on the night, and I will MAKE the audience applaud,
cheer, laugh (when appropriate) and worship you; so do not be afraid.

Besides, it’s in a pub, they’ll be “favourably disposed”.