[ASC-list] Be part of a new way to communicate health science!

Will Grant will.grant at anu.edu.au
Thu May 11 05:11:12 UTC 2017

[Message sent on behalf of Health Horizon]

Hi Science Communication Students,

Every year, tens of thousands of health innovations are under development in the world. You might have recently scrolled past some of them on your newsfeed, like an artificial womb<https://thehealthhorizon.com/showcases/innovations/2581722b-00dc-45f2-891e-295bc569f797>, a stem cell gun that heals burns<https://thehealthhorizon.com/showcases/innovations/44eec13f-7f94-4f09-8c6a-2f1224312467> and a wheelchair that helps people stand<https://thehealthhorizon.com/showcases/innovations/c4b769bc-a80a-4076-9c17-dd520870fd0a>. These are innovations that in a few years' time could truly save and improve people's lives, but how will we know when and where they will be available?

At Health Horizon we aim to change this for good. We are adding all new health innovations to our interactive online showcase<http://www.thehealthhorizon.com>, making every single health innovation searchable and trackable. But with hundreds of new health advances popping up every day around the world, we can't track them all down ourselves... So if you believe in our global mission, we are inviting you to become our Health Horizon Community Scouts :)

We’ve organised a chilled-out information session with free food and drinks next Thursday 18th May from 5.30-6.30 to tell you more about us and how you can get involved. You can sign up to this free event here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/health-scout-info-evening-help-us-track-the-worlds-health-innovations-tickets-34456734019

We look forward to seeing you next week. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Coco<mailto:coco at thehealthhorizon.com>!

Coco Ho
Research and Curation
Health Horizon
www.thehealthhorizon.com<http://www.thehealthhorizon.com>

Dr Will J Grant
Graduate Studies Convener | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University | 1.06 Peter Baume Building, Building 42a<https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35.2758661,149.1174669,79m/data=!3m1!1e3> | Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
will.grant at anu.edu.au<mailto:will.grant at anu.edu.au> | +61450105489 | 50241
calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=willjohngrant@gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney&mode=WEEK&> | twitter<http://twitter.com/willozap> | skype: WillJ99 | web<http://cpas.anu.edu.au/person/dr-will-grant>
Cricos Provider# 00120C

Like podcasts? Each week we sit down for a beer with someone interesting. You can listen in here! The Wholesome Show<https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-wholesome-show/id1147011021?mt=2> 🍺🎧