[ASC-list] VIC workshop: Public Speaking for Scientists

Tom Lang langetc at gmail.com
Wed May 17 07:43:42 UTC 2017

Melbournians!

*We still have a few spots left in the "Public Speaking for Scientists"
workshop. It's free for ASC members!*

(and, at this point, only available to ASC members, though we appreciate
indications of interest from non-members)

Are you a scientist or academic who loves public speaking, but wants a few
> pointers?
> Or does it scare the heck out of you, but you want to try it anyway?
> You're in luck! The Australian Science Communicators are partnering with the
> Laborastory <https://thelaborastory.com/> (a monthly science talk in
> Melbourne) to offer a two-session workshop: Public Speaking for Scientists.
>
> You’ll work in a small group with two professional science communicators,
> Toni Stevens (Chief of staff at Science in Public), and Tom Lang (public
> educator and stand-up comedian).
> The sessions will focus on practical writing and speaking techniques, with
> the aim to create a short, engaging, educational talk for a general
> audience.
> After two sessions, we think you'll be ready to speak at the Laborastory
> (if you want)!

> The two-session workshop will be held on the 29th of May and 5th of June,
> at 6.30 pm at RMIT in the CBD
> (the date has shifted since last update)

Places are limited, so if you're interested, please email Tom Lang at