[ASC-list] Science Communication workshop in Brisbane: 22-23 November!

Melinda Stanners melinda.stanners at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:34:51 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

My name is Melinda Stanners - first time poster, long time fan.

Just wanted to let you know that veteran science journalist Paul Willis
(from Catalyst) is running a two-day workshop series on science
communication methods in Brisbane on the 22nd - 23rd of November, focusing
on social media and the power of your own smartphone to communicate your
stories to the world. It's ideal for people new to science communication,
but also for veteran communicators who are interested in leveraging current
technologies and social media platforms to get their message out. You can
sign up for a half day, one day, or both days, depending on what takes your
fancy; the details are:

Brisbane Workshops:  *22nd and 23rd November*

Following on from our successful launch of workshops in Adelaide, Media
Engagement Services is proud to announce two days of workshops to be held
in Brisbane on the 22nd and 23rd November.

What will be covered:

*Wednesday 22nd Nov, AM*: Social Media Networks for Researchers

*Wednesday 22nd Nov, PM*: Easy blogging and podcasting for Researchers

*Thursday 23rd Nov, AM*: Introduction to video for Researchers

*Thursday 23rd Nov, PM*: Video production for Researchers

​

*More details of workshop content available here
<https://www.mediaengagementservices.com.au/workshops>*

* <https://www.mediaengagementservices.com.au/workshops>*

*"I found it a most engaging workshop, with a good mix of dialogue,
practical exercises and theoretical content. I especially appreciated how
you took us behind the scenes of text and video journalism, sharing some
tricks and tips for how to create great content."*

*Anthony Reid*

*Geological Survey of South Australia*

*Where?*

The Australian National College of Beauty

15 Anderson St, Fortitude Valley

Bookings and information <paul at mediaengagementservices.com.au>

*Costs*

Single half-day workshop           $375

Two half-day workshops             $650

All four workshops.                   $1000

All prices ex-GST

Kind regards,

Melinda Stanners