[ASC-list] Olympia Maggot Farmer

Will Grant will.grant at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 5 05:07:41 UTC 2017

View this email in your browser<http://mailchi.mp/6b3dd6c0624a/olympia-maggot-farmer?e=94e727f3f6>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/50659a2db287e9fd17b7e7e4f/_compresseds/a3db8e90-61b3-4760-9b3a-a72c73ca2f43.jpg]

Meet The Maggot Maven

That's right: maggot maven.

In a brain-flensing rupture of tradition this week, Team Wholesome left the pub and sealed themselves into a small, humid, foil-lined room full of crickets. Which was near a room full of maggots. Next to a fly hatchery. In an unmarked tin shed.

Why?

So we could have a chat with the hilarious and very interesting Olympia Yarger, maggot maven, fly farmer and CEO of Goterra<https://goterra.com.au/>, a start-up that's trying to change the way we feed our livestock (by engorging them with bugs).

If you've ever wondered which one of the Wholesome Show hosts was prepared to knowingly eat maggots, then this episode is for you<https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-wholesome-show/id1147011021?mt=2>.

Protein-enhanced regards,
Rod'n'WiIl

PS - the humidity in the cricket room made our equipment slightly grumpy, so apologies for the occasional wee crackle in this ep (sorry)

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-twitter-48.png]<http://www.twitter.com/WholesomeShow>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-facebook-48.png]<http://www.facebook.com/WholesomeShow>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/color-link-48.png]<http://wholesomeshow.com/about/>

Copyright © 2017 The Wholesome Show, All rights reserved.

Dr Will J Grant
Graduate Studies Convener | Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
The Australian National University | 1.11 Peter Baume Building, Building 42a<https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-35.2758661,149.1174669,79m/data=!3m1!1e3> | Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
will.grant at anu.edu.au<mailto:will.grant at anu.edu.au> | +61450105489 | 50241
calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=willjohngrant@gmail.com&ctz=Australia/Sydney&mode=WEEK&> | twitter<http://twitter.com/willozap> | skype: WillJ99 | web<http://cpas.anu.edu.au/person/dr-will-grant>
Cricos Provider# 00120C

Like podcasts? Each week we sit down for a beer with someone interesting. You can listen in here! The Wholesome Show<https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-wholesome-show/id1147011021?mt=2> 🍺🎧