[ASC-list] Need comms training or podcasting lessons?

Vanessa Barratt Vanessa.Barratt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au
Fri Oct 6 00:25:06 UTC 2017

Need comms training or podcasting lessons?
Gretchen Miller, formerly of ABC RN, has recently started her own business in media, comms and podcasting training.
I asked Gretchen to work with some of our plant researchers this year and it was a huge success.
Gretchen helped them to craft personal and project based stories and practice storytelling techniques to share their work with more impact.
Each scientist noticeably improved their explanations, cut out jargon and developed a comms toolkit for interviews.
They really enjoyed the process and their new skills have already helped with presentations and interviews.
More info here on Gretchen's website:
gretchenmiller.com.au<http://gretchenmiller.com.au>

Vanessa Barratt
Science Communicator

Botanic Gardens<https://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/> & Centennial Parklands<https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/>
T 02 9231 8176 / 0450 018 752
E vanessa.barratt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au<mailto:vanessa.barratt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au>
Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2125E.AA7D4D50]<https://www.facebook.com/RoyalBotanicGarden/>  [cid:image002.jpg at 01D2125E.AA7D4D50] <https://twitter.com/rbgsydney>   [cid:image003.jpg at 01D2125E.AA7D4D50] <instagram.com/rbgsydney/>

[cid:image004.png at 01D33E94.07C66200]