[ASC-list] Seeking a science communicator for a careers panel discussion (Sydney, NSW)

Jennifer Byrne (SCHN) jennifer.byrne at health.nsw.gov.au
Mon Oct 16 02:51:14 UTC 2017

Dear ASC colleagues,

I’m helping to organise an Early Career Researcher Showcase for the Kids Cancer Alliance (http://www.kidscanceralliance.org.au/), which will be held at the University of Sydney Law School at Camperdown during the afternoon of 01 December 2017. The programme will feature presentations from student and early career Kids Cancer Alliance members, who will be competing for student and early career researcher awards. We will also feature an interactive panel discussion that will highlight different career paths post-PhD. So far, we have 4 fabulous panellists, and we’re very keen to also include a science communicator. Ideally, this would be someone who has moved into science communication after a PhD.

Please drop me a line if this sounds like you, and you’re free in the afternoon of Friday 01 December.

We’re also interested in PR for the event, so if you’d like to come along, interview the award finalists or follow the careers discussion, I’d also love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone,

Kind regards,

Jennifer Byrne
Jennifer A. Byrne PhD | Head, Professor of Molecular Oncology | Children's Cancer Research Unit, University of Sydney Discipline of Child and Adolescent Health | Associate Dean (Transition Strategy & Special Projects) Sydney Medical School |
t: (02) 9845 3027 | f: (02) 9845 3078 | e: jennifer.byrne at health.nsw.gov.au<mailto:jennifer.byrne at health.nsw.gov.au> | w: www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au<http://www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/>
[http://res.schn.health.nsw.gov.au/signatures/research.gif]
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead, NSW Australia
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead 2145, NSW Australia

♲  Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of NSW Health or any of its entities.