[ASC-list] Need help finding venue in MEL and SYD

Andrew Stephenson drastephenson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 01:03:43 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I need helping find venues in Melbourne and Sydney for a Science Nation
event.

To give you a little background, the Science Nation is a public events
series I created three years ago. The aim of the series is to engage public
audiences with STEM content through various entertaining events - the
tagline for the series is *"Educational entertainment that makes you laugh
you while learn". *

The series is touring an event through Adelaide and Brisbane and I have
just been asked to run events in Melbourne and Sydney. I'm having huge
trouble finding a venue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What I'm after is:

   - A theatre style setup that seats 100+
   - Room on stage for a trestle tables either side of a lectern/small
   table for a host (see attachment for image)
   - A screen and projector, which can be run by the host on stage
   - Available early December, preferably weekend afternoon

The event will be ticketed, and although the price will be minimal it's my
experience that universities will charge significant fees for ticketed
events.

I will be extremely grateful for any and all help.

Sincerely

Dr Andrew Stephenson

Phone: +61 421 400 688 | Email: drastephenson at gmail.com

Web: www.thesciencenation.com | Facebook: Dr Andrew Stephenson