[ASC-list] Britain's sugar tax: an instant success

Toss Gascoigne director at tossgascoigne.com.au
Mon Apr 16 05:16:38 UTC 2018

Never before has a tax been such an instant success. I am talking about what happened in Britain last Friday. That’s when new so-called sugar tax sprung into life, with much of its work already done.

The whole idea was to cut the consumption of sugar, something we have just as much need to do here, given that our rates of obesity are on a par with those in Britain – an outrage that will prevent many of us living long lives.

http://johnmenadue.com/peter-martin-its-time-for-sweetest-tax-of-them-all/

************
Toss Gascoigne and Associates
56 Vasey Cres
CAMPBELL ACT 2612

Visiting Fellow, College of Science, Australian National University

P. 02 6249 7400
M. 0408 704 442
E. director at tossgascoigne.com.au
W. tossgascoigne.com.au