[ASC-list] MEL, SYD, CBR Physics in the Pub - Call for presenters

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 09:34:14 UTC 2018

Call for presenters - looking for science presenters in Sydney, Canberra
and Melbourne with a physicsy flavour (pls circulate to your colleagues,
students, friends)

Thanks to Aust Institute of Physics, Inspiring Australia and FLEET Centre
of Excellence Physics is popping up in pubs all over the place.

Canberra 9 May, Smith's Alternative (sponsored by AIP, Inspiring Australia)
 https://www.facebook.com/events/156600451699971/

Melbourne 11 May, Venue TBA  (Sponsored AIP,  FLEET and more)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1196696013794763/

Sydney 16 August, Orient Hotel the Rocks. (Sponsored AIP)
https://www.facebook.com/events/591894517817022/

Physics in the Pub is a informal lighthearted night where physicists,
astronomers, theoreticians, engineers and educators share their love of
science - you are invited to get involved.

You have eight minutes to entertain the audience with stand up, a poem, a
song or just a damn good science talk.

As MC Dr Phil Dooley makes sure the crowd is warmed up and appreciative -
add beer, you can't go wrong! Prove that science ain't boring, researchers
are humans, and pubs can be crackingly intelligent fun.

Email philuponscience at gmail.com if you want to be involved and what you
plan to talk, sing or dance about. I'm happy to discuss ideas, call 0414 94
55 77 .

The Fineprint
 * Acts are limited to strictly eight minutes.
 * There are limited slots available on the night: we will do our best
 to include as many participants as possible, selection will be based
 on showcasing a range of performances and experience.
 * Available resources at the venue: powerpoint, screen, PC/mac with sound,
 microphone, PA sound system, dimmable lights
 * Participants will need to inform us of their requirements for AV
 power etc before the night, and send videos/presentations for testing 24 h
before the event.
 * There will be limited help available for setup and packup, for heavy or
complicated equipment so please BYO roadies.
 * Participants must ensure that the stage is clean and tidy for the