[ASC-list] Sydney: 'Myth-busting climate change' - free public event

Karen Pearce karen at bloomcommunication.com.au
Thu Feb 1 06:56:18 UTC 2018

This free public event is being held at the AMOS-ISCHMO 2018 conference <https://www.amos-icshmo2018.com.au/> in Sydney next week. Looks like a great line-up!

'Myth-busting climate change'

The greater climate change myths that circulate don't always come from the usual suspects. So what are these myths, and how do they affect scientists and their work? What are the climate change effects we see now, and what can we expect in the future? With the world aiming to limit warming to 2 degrees C, what does 2 degrees actually look like? Can the Great Barrier Reef survive another bleaching event? What can we do about it all?

For answers to these questions and more, join popular radio and TV host Craig Reucassel as he leads a lively discussion with five internationally acclaimed scientists on topics of critical importance to our future environment, health, society and economy. A large part of the forum is question-led, so when you register please submit a question to ask the panellists.

When: 6:30–8pm Tuesday 6 February 2018
Where: Sir John Clancy Auditorium, UNSW Sydney, 9 High Street, Kensington, NSW 2052
Cost: FREE, but please register here to secure a seat https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/amos-free-public-forum-myth-busting-climate-change-tickets-42020293830 <https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/amos-free-public-forum-myth-busting-climate-change-tickets-42020293830>

This event is for everyone, brought to you by the Australian Meteorological & Oceanographic Society, in partnership with the Grand Challenge on Climate Change.

Karen Pearce | Bloom Communication
PO Box 610 Bathurst NSW 2795 | P 0402 845 300
www.bloomcommunication.com.au