[ASC-list] 2018 ASC Grants Program now open

Ian M. ianmcd85 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:42:34 UTC 2018

Hi all - the 2018 Australian Science Communicators (ASC) Grants Program<http://www.asc.asn.au/grants/> is open and I'm proud to say we have turned FIVE!

So to celebrate we have launched the program slightly earlier this year so we can announce our 2018 recipients at the ASC PD Day in Sydney.

This year, three grants and two fantastic internship opportunities are on offer.

Two grants worth up to $600 each are available for members to undertake PD to enhance scicomm skills.

MD Writing and Editing<http://mdwritingediting.com.au/> are again offering one member the chance to partake in their 8-week journal writing e-course, valued at $400 - perfect for student members.

We are also pleased to announce that Refraction Media<http://www.refractionmedia.com.au/> and Cosmos Magazine<https://cosmosmagazine.com/> are each offering a member the chance to intern with their content and editorial teams for up to 2-3 weeks. Great for members trying to develop their tactical communication skills.

Find out more via the link - www.asc.asn.au/grants<http://www.asc.asn.au/grants> and hurry as applications close on March 9.

You can also have a read at what other grant recipients got up to via our grants page.

Happy to answer any questions via grants at asc.asn.au<mailto:grants at asc.asn.au>

Ian and Miriam

Co-managers, ASC grants program