[ASC-list] SA event: Today - Prof Peter Fray talks about the future of AI voices

Susannah Eliott Susannah at smc.org.au
Sun Jul 15 02:18:47 UTC 2018

Hi All
Peter Fray (former Ed at The SMH, Canberra Times and Sunday Age and currently co-director of the Centre for Media in Transition at UTS) is in Adelaide today for the Festival of Ideas speaking about voice activated AI like Siri and Alexa. His session is on at 1pm. See link for details:

https://adelaidefestivalofideas.com.au/sessions/the-choice-with-voice/

Cheers
Susannah

Dr Susannah Eliott
Chief Executive Officer

Australian Science Media Centre (AusSMC)
Street address: The Science Exchange, 55 Exchange Place, ADELAIDE SA 5000
Postal address: PO Box 237, RUNDLE MALL SA 5000
Ph: (08) 7120 8660 | Mob: 0424 676 136 | susannah at smc.org.au<mailto:susannah at smc.org.au> | smc.org.au<http://www.smc.org.au/>

Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/AusSMC> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/AusSMC>
Media enquiries: info at smc.org.au<mailto:info at smc.org.au> | (08)<http://www.smc.org.au/> 7120 8666

[cid:image001.png at 01D3B0B5.9C2B5110]

Scimex is the breaking science news portal for Australia and New Zealand, an initiative of the Australian Science Media Centre<https://www.scimex.org/>. The Centre works to improve links between the news media and scientific community, As an independent, not-for-profit service for journalists, our goal is for a better informed society with greater access to evidence-based science. The AusSMC is supported by a wide variety of sectors with each contribution capped at 10% of total running costs. For a full list of current supporters visit our website<http://www.smc.org.au/>.