[ASC-list] New CSIRO app seeks to address high power bills

Melina melina.gill24 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 12:18:26 UTC 2018

Hello everyone

I’m writing to let you know that CSIRO has developed a new mobile app that helps householders contribute to our national energy research. We are launching the app on Tuesday, 19 June.

CSIRO Energise will gather important data about household energy use across Australia, which can then inform ongoing CSIRO energy research and support decision making on Australia’s energy future. The app has been developed with the financial support of the Federal Government.

To ensure we spread word far and wide, we are relying on the support of our energy partners, community groups, research organisations, businesses and industry bodies. With your help, we can ensure that participating citizen scientists are representative of key demographics, nationally.

Below is some suggested information you could use for the promotion of the app to your relevant networks – either by email, social media, news items or websites. We appreciate any support you can provide in the promotion of CSIRO Energise.

CSIRO Energise

CSIRO has developed an exciting new mobile app to help Australian households contribute to national energy research.

The CSIRO Energise app lets you participate in energy surveys, learn about the energy challenges that our researchers are tackling, and read about their latest energy breakthroughs. Take part as a citizen scientist, and learn about how others across Australia use energy.

Be part of the research team that’s building an energy future for Australia that is affordable, reliable and sustainable.

Download the free CSIRO Energise app from the Apple Store or Google Play, and start contributing to national energy research today!

Should you have any queries or require additional information, please contact csiroenergise at csiro.au for further details. There is some visual material available to complement the information – please email me if you would like access to the imagery.

Our thanks and kind regards

Melina Gillespie
Communication Advisor | Energy
E melina.gillespie at csiro.au
www.csiro.au/energy

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands that we live and work on across Australia and pays its respect to Elders past and present.

PLEASE NOTE