[ASC-list] ADL, BNE & MEL - Spot the Bull S...cience
drastephenson at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:36:21 UTC 2018
The Science Nation is touring *Spot the Bull S...cience
<http://www.thesciencenation.com>* - an event of intelligence,
interrogation and intrigue. Any help you can give promoting the event will
be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Spot the Bull S…cience
What do the moon landings, global warming and vaccination all have in
common? They’re conspiracies perpetuated by scientists, right? Yeah, maybe
To demonstrate just how hard it is to get scientists to believe bad science
(BS), the Science Nation is holding a contest of intelligence,
interrogation and intrigue that sees a lineup of scientists trying to fool
you and each other into believing complete BS!
Come along and join the most enjoyable experiment in BS you’ll ever see. *Spot
the Bull S…cience* is 90 minutes of science & laughs that promises to be
fun for (almost) everyone.
Events will be held on the following dates and cities:
23 May – Adelaide
Trying to fool Adelaide is: women’s health scientist, advocate and
communicator, Dr Hannah Brown; botanist and molecular biologist A/Prof
Rachel Burton; evolutionary biologist and manatee enthusiast, Jenna
Crowe-Riddell; cancer immunologist and dancing bookworm, Dr Pallave Dasari;
and paleomicrobiologist and s’more enthusiast, Dr Laura Weyrich.
[image: Adelaide 5]
- Time: 6-7:30pm (doors and bar open at 5:30pm), 23 May 2018.
- Venue: RiAus <http://riaus.org.au/>, The Science Exchange
- Tickets: $10 online <https://www.trybooking.com/VHER>, $15 at the door
- Calendar: Add Adelaide’s event to your Facebook calendar
26 May – Melbourne
Trying to fool Melbourne is: science advocate, champion of biotech and
STEMMinist, Dr Krystal Evans; animal physiologist, neuroscientist and
backyard orchardist, Dr Angelina Fong; biomedical engineer who believes
diamonds really are a girl’s best friend, Dr Kate Fox; and immunologist and
country girl, Dr Lisa Mielke; and immuno-virologist, turning being curious
into a profession and wannabe artist, Dr Carolien van de Sandt.
[image: Melbourne 5]
- Time: 3:30-5pm (doors open at 3pm), 26 May 2018.
- Venue: Royal Society of Victoria
- Tickets: $10 online <https://www.trybooking.com/VHEE>, $15 at the
door (cash only).
- Calendar: Add Melbourne’s event to your Facebook calendar
31 May – Brisbane
Trying to fool Brisbane is: ecologist and lover of green slime Prof Michele
Burford; astrophysicist and Australian ultimate frisbee representative,
Prof Tamara Davis; developmental neuroscientist and wannabe sommelier,
Diana Lucia; retinal biomaterial engineer and aspiring muso, Natalie
McKirdy; and palaeontologist, taphonomist and video gamer, Dr Caitlin Syme.
[image: Brisbane 5]
- Time: 7:30-9pm (doors open at 7pm), 31 May 2018.
- Venue: Queensland Museum <http://www.qm.qld.gov.au/>, South Brisbane.
- Tickets: $10 online <https://www.trybooking.com/VNAH>, $15 at the
door (cash only).
- Calendar: Add Brisbane’s event to your Facebook calendar
Please submit any questions via email <info at thesciencenation.com>.
Dr Andrew Stephenson
Phone: +61 421 400 688 | Email: drastephenson at gmail.com
Web: www.thesciencenation.com | Facebook: Dr Andrew Stephenson
<https://www.facebook.com/drastephenson> | Twitter: @DrAStephenson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list