[ASC-list] REMINDER: Australian Science Communicators’ Annual General Meeting, Sydney 12 November 2018

Teresa Belcher TeresaB at rangelandswa.com.au
Mon Nov 5 02:57:42 UTC 2018

[asc_logo(1)]REMINDER: Australian Science Communicators’ Annual General Meeting, to be held in Sydney on 12 November 2018

The 2018 AGM is an opportunity for members to hear about the year’s events at the national level, and also to have their say about what should happen in the year to come. It also includes reports from the President and Treasurer.

When: Monday 12 November, 13.00 AEST*
Where: Powerhouse Museum (https://maas.museum/powerhouse-museum/#getting-here)
RSVP: secretary at asc.asn.au<mailto:secretary at asc.asn.au>
* Lunch will be available during the AGM

Only financial ASC members are eligible to attend the AGM or send a proxy. Please check you have renewed your membership.

Presidential nomination
We have received one nomination for President – Lisa Bailey.

Lisa has been working in science communication for the last decade, as both a practitioner working on a huge variety of science events including SCINEMA International Science Film Festival, content production for Australia’s Science Channel, and teaching undergraduate science communication courses. She is now Senior Exhibition Manager at MOD. at UniSA, Australia's leading future-focused museum, provoking new ideas at the intersection of science, art and innovation. Lisa has been an ASC member since 2005, and President of the South Australian branch of ASC since 2015. "I realise the hard slog that is keeping a local branch alive! But I’ve always found the community of ASC members to be so worthwhile. Whether it’s informal catch ups at the state level, asking the hive mind collective wisdom for help over the ASC-list or facebook group, or engaging with the huge variety of research and activity happening across the country at the conferences, my engagement with ASC and its members always leaves me inspired and energised – and it’s this that I’d like to foster for our members as we take ASC forward as an ever evolving and changing organisation."

Reps on the National Council
Branches are required to nominate and endorse a National Representative to join the National Council at their Branch AGM. If this has happened, please notified the National Secretary secretary at asc.asn.au<mailto:secretary at asc.asn.au>.

Executive Council Positions
Phil Dooley (ACT) and Teresa Belcher (WA) have indicated they would be interested to continue on the Executive Council for a third year and Aidan Murray (ACT) has indicated she would be interested in joining the Executive Council.

Agenda items and notices of motions
No additional agenda items or notices of motion have been received. Please see 2018 AGM Agenda<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-AGM-Agenda-181112.pdf>.
Proxies
Members unable to attend the AGM in person are able to give proxies to other members attending the meeting, or alternatively, send them to Teresa Belcher, National Secretary prior to 9am AEST on Monday 12 November 2018. To designate your proxy:

  *   Download and complete the proxy form, and ensure a copy of this form is with your proxy to take to the AGM (Word<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Appointment-of-Proxy-2018.doc> and PDF<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Appointment-of-Proxy-2018.pdf>)
  *   Notify the National Secretary, Teresa Belcher (secretary at asc.asn.au<mailto:secretary at asc.asn.au>) – this must be done or the proxy and vote is not considered valid
  *   Ensure that the proxy form is completed prior to 9am AEST on Monday 12 November 2018.

The following items are current as of 18 October 2018:

  *   2018 AGM Agenda<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-AGM-Agenda-181112.pdf>
  *   ASC Constitution<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ASC-Constitution-2015.pdf>
  *   Minutes from the previous AGM<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/170222-ASC-AGM-2016-17-Minutes.pdf> (December 2017)
  *   Proxy form (Word<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Appointment-of-Proxy-2018.doc> and PDF<http://www.asc.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Appointment-of-Proxy-2018.pdf>)