[ASC-list] Total #scicomm immersion in November. ASC2018 Registration is open: full conference, PD workshops, single day, group discounts and more

Kali Madden office at asc.asn.au
Mon Oct 1 11:13:46 UTC 2018

Registration is now open for ASC2018 in Sydney
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018register> (Powerhouse Museum, 12th – 14th November).

The theme for this year is “Elevate Engage Collaborate” and we’re pleased
to announce that the first 30 ticket purchasers will receive Super Early
Bird prices. After those have sold out, Early Bird pricing will be
available until October 14.

Your ticket purchase will grant you full access to the three-day
conference, including structured and unstructured networking and mentoring
events which are one of the most requested events from our delegates each
year.  You also have the option to include as part of your registration pre-
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018pre-conf> (11th November) and post-
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018postcon> (15th November) conference workshops and
tours of facilities and landmarks that Sydney has to offer.

Over 90 of the finest science communicators, presenters and facilitators
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018speakers> will be speaking directly to topics that
matter to all those who make science and technology accessible, on themes
voted on in the pre-conference wish list (view the live survey results here
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018-survey-share>).

You can view the draft schedule here <http://bit.ly/ASC2018schedule> noting
that this is still subject to change as the last of our keynote presenters
confirm availability.

*Is there something for you? *Browse conference content by theme, best
audience and more using the sessions index here
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018sessions>.

*Miss the call for papers? *We are still accepting submissions for case
studies.
You can submit these at: https://submit-case-studies.paperform.co/
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018SubmitCS>

All successful submissions will be included in the ASC2018 conference
program and speakers/producers featured in the speaker listing
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018speakers>.

*Unable to attend the entire conference but still want to participate? *Check
out the range of post-conference workshops <http://bit.ly/ASC2018postcon>
available on Thursday 15th November, or consider a single day attendance.

*Want your organisation to have a presence at the event?*

The Powerhouse Museum is a fabulous venue and a range of trade exhibitor
spaces are available, along with other sponsorship options
<http://bit.ly/ASC2018sponsorship>.

We look forward to seeing you at The Powerhouse Museum in November for one
of the largest and most diverse national conference programs to date. If
you have any queries about attending the conference, please do not hesitate
to contact us at asc2018 at asc.asn.au.

Best wishes,

Kali

*What did previous delegates say?*

*“Easily the best conference I have ever been to.” ~ “Really impressed with
the calibre of the content.” ~ “A real sense of community.” ~ “Extremely
informative and compelling.” ~ “Fabulous, so much choice in the programme…
very motivating.” ~ “I felt part of a vibrant profession.” ~ “I’ve come
back to work energized with new ideas.” ~ “Looking forward to the next
one.” ~ “I go to a lot of conferences & workshops, and this was easily one
of the best.” ~ “So great to see so many women presenters!!” ~ “As a new
person to the industry, I felt very welcome.” ~ “Plenty of time for
networking without it dragging on.” ~ “Got some great ideas and contacts
which is what I went to the conference for.” ~ “Relatively small size,
great community “feel”, easy to meet and network with people.”*

[image: photo]
Kali Madden
Executive Officer, Conference Director, Australian Science Communicators, The
national forum for science communicators and science journalists.
Email  office at asc.asn.au  <office at asc.asn.au>
Website  http://asc.asn.au/  <http://asc.asn.au/>
Conference: http://2018conf.asc.asn.au/

<http://2018conf.asc.asn.au/> <http://asc.asn.au/>
<http://soundcloud.com/ausscicomm> <http://twitter.com/auscicomm>
<http://www.facebook.com/auscicomm>
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/auscicomm/>
<http://vimeo.com/auscicomm> <http://www.linkedin.com/groups/1770459>
<http://bit.ly/pre-ASC2018-wishlist> ASC2018 11-15 November 2018 at the
Powerhouse Museum in Sydney :-) Tell us your conference wishlist here.
<http://bit.ly/pre-ASC2018-wishlist>
Latest Tweet: <https://twitter.com/auscicomm> Something for everyone at
#ASC2018's <https://twitter.com/ASC2018's> full #scicomm
<https://twitter.com/scicomm> immersion in November https://t.co/DUvMK2RkXI