[ASC-list] Sydney training course - Captivating Presentations Thu 14 Nov

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 04:32:14 UTC 2018

Hi All

(1) I'm running a Sydney training course on giving captivating
presentations. Please pass this around to your colleagues - it's a half-day
course, and gives you a chance to really conquer nerves, boost your
confidence and learn how to win over the audience. It's part of the
Australian Science Communicators conference - itself a fabulous event!

LINK: http://2018conf.asc.asn.au/captivating-presentations/ . More details
below:

(2) If you want to actually see some captivating presentations - come to 3
Wise Monkeys, in the City

*Science in the Pub - Australian Science Communicators get creative:* Sun
11/11 6.30 PM ($10/$5/FREE)

or

*RACI Chemistry in the Pub - *Wed 14/11 6.30 PM.  (Free thanks to RACI !)

Hope to see you there!  Phil

      O  O  O

*Captivating Presentations - half day course, Powerhouse Museum.*

We’ve all seen presenters that just knock ‘em dead. Even on quite boring
subjects the audience just seem to be in the palm of their hand. This
workshop gives you the tools to wow the crowd and leave a lasting positive
impression.

Working through practical exercises you will learn to create captivating
visuals and avoid death by PowerPoint. You’ll learn to develop stage
presence, add drama to your story and use your voice and body to connect
with the audience.

At the end of this session you will have created a mini-talk on your own
research/material – bring a paper or some background material that you want
to tell the world about.

We’ll cover:
– Developing a clear message and delivering it in a way that sticks.
– Tips and tricks for making classy PowerPoint presentations.
– Warm ups and techniques to relax your body and conquer nerves
– Unlocking the power of your voice.
– Timing pitfalls to avoid at all cost.
– Connecting with your audience and keeping them on side.
– Adding that little extra magic
*Post-conference Workshop pricing by 14th November 2018***:*
Member Half Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration $200.00
Member Full Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration $350.00
Student Member Half Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration $100.00
Student Member Full Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration $250.00
*Non Member Half Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration* *$350.00*
Non Member Full Day Post-Conference Workshop Registration $500.00

---
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: 0414 94 55 77