[ASC-list] New grants for science/education/community outreach/year of periodic table

Kylie Walker kylie.walker at sta.org.au
Thu Sep 27 06:34:57 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues in sci-comm,

The *Australian National Commission for UNESCO 2018-19 Grants Round* opened
at 9am this morning (and will close at *5pm on 23 November 2018*).

   - The aim of the Round is to fund small projects (up to $20,000)
   delivered by Australian organisations which support the advancement of
   UNESCO’s goals in Australia. While applications are encouraged from across
   UNESCO’s subject portfolio, we particularly welcome those which contribute
   to the celebration in 2019 of the International Year of Indigenous
   Languages and the International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical
   Elements.

*Grants Guidelines* (including FAQs and Information Note) are attached to
this email, and also found on the NatCom website here:
https://dfat.gov.au/international-relations/international-organisations/un/unesco/pages/australian-national-commission-for-unesco.aspx

*Applications* must be made through Smartygrants:
https://anc.smartygrants.com.au/natcommunesco18

The Grant Opportunity is also advertised on GrantConnect: www.grants.gov.au

Hope to see some good applications!

Best,

Kylie

*Kylie Walker*

*CEO    *Science & Technology Australia

*Chair  *Australian National Commission for UNESCO

T: 02 6257 2891|  M: 0405 229 152
PO Box 259, Canberra City ACT 2601

*Website * <http://scienceandtechnologyaustralia.org.au/>*| **Twitter*
<http://twitter.com/ScienceAU>* | **Facebook*
<http://www.facebook.com/scienceAU>* | **YouTube*
<https://www.youtube.com/user/scienceandtechau>

*We work flexibly at Science & Technology Australia.  If you receive an
email from me outside normal business, I am sending it at that time as it
suits me.  I’m not expecting you to read or reply until your normal
business hours.*