[ASC-list] Sydney show: Most Amazing Planet in the Universe - Thursday 8th

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:11:10 UTC 2019

Hi All - Hope you can join me for a night of sciencey, musical humorous
awe-some fun this Thursday.

Tickets sales are a little slow so as a special to ASC members I'll do a 2
for the price of 1 offer. Tell my bouncer on the door I sent you, (and make
up a super-cool code-word)

Hope to see you there

*The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe: An Ode to Earth*
< Over 18s only >
https://www.facebook.com/events/2385262271753762/
*Thursday August 8*
*6:30-8:30pm*
*SLYFOX, 199 Enmore Rd Sydney*
*Tickets: $15*
We like to think we are special and we live on the only planet. But
astronomers have recently discovered thousands of weird and wonderful
planets orbiting other stars – there may be billions more.

But Earth is still the most amazing planet - the reasons why will surprise
you.

If an alien were to visit, they would be astounded. Earth is shrouded in a
corrosive and unstable gas, oxygen. Water regularly falls from the sky in
liquid and even solid form (rocks falling from the sky?!).

And there are bizarre organisms covering the land that are green:
logically, plants should be purple!

Dr Phil's songs and stories will take you on a trip around the cosmos and
reveal the surprising things that make our world special.

An uplifting show that will thrill you, entertain you and wow you.

Dr Phil is a physicist, entertainer, pianist and singer. He’s performed
shows in Science shows and festivals around the world including Glasgow,
Sydney, and London. By day he’s a science writer for Cosmos Magazine, New
Scientist, Australian Geographic and more, and was selected for the 2018 &
2019 Anthology of Best Australian Science Writing.
 o  o  o  o
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
Subscribe to the email list: http://eepurl.com/buj_gX
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia, UT +10/11
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: +61 414 94 55 77