[ASC-list] The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe show CBR, MEL, ADL

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 00:34:35 UTC 2019

Hi All

I'm doing a show around the traps in the next couple of months - perfect
for an ASC outing :-)

It's called The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe - An Astronomer's Ode
to Earth
<https://philuponscience.com.au/2019/01/08/the-most-amazing-planet-dr-phil-on-tour/>.

We’ve discovered thousands of weird planets, but Dr Phil says Earth is
still the most amazing. It’s shrouded in corrosive gas, oxygen. Water falls
from the sky in liquid and even solid form (rocks fall from the sky?). And
there are bizarre green organisms: logically, plants should be purple. Let
musician and physicist Dr Phil take you on an awe-inspiring trip that will
surprise and astound you.

Tickets are on sale for Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide
<https://philuponscience.com.au/2019/01/08/the-most-amazing-planet-dr-phil-on-tour/>
- Melbourne Early bird prices end on Friday, and there is a free double
pass giveaway draw if you engage with the Facebook event - go on, share it
with your friends :-)

If you have an email list you could share it on, I can provide text. Or if
you have a good place for a poster let me know

I could give a talk during that week at your institution, if that might be
of interest: something along the lines of why traditional science
communication is losing traction and how to remedy it - a taster of  my
training sessions:
https://philuponscience.com.au/science-communication-training/ ...Or I
could just do the Schrodinger's cat rap song...

* I can organise a discount code for your colleagues (but the cheapest
price is still going to be the early bird tickets, until Friday 11th!)

Hope to catch a few of you there.

Cheers
Phil
o  o  o  o
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: +61 414 94 55 77