[ASC-list] The Most Amazing Planet show: kickoff Canberra tonight!

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 22:41:45 UTC 2019

Hi ASC folk

Come and join me to discuss weird and wonderful planets, creepy chemistry
and purple grass in Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Opening night tonight, Canberra, Smiths Alternative. Get 2019 off to a good
start with some awe-some science tonight!
https://www.facebook.com/events/368312477064063/

Melbourne - ASC outing on Wednesday 6th (20% discount code coming soon!)

The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe
An Astronomer's Ode to Earth

We like to think we are special and we live on the only planet. But
astronomers have recently discovered thousands of weird and wonderful
planets orbiting other stars – there may be billions more.

But Earth is still the most amazing planet - the reasons why will surprise
you.

If an alien were to visit, they would be astounded. Earth is shrouded in a
corrosive and unstable gas, oxygen. Water regularly falls from the sky in
liquid and even solid form (rocks falling from the sky?!).

And there are bizarre organisms covering the land that are green:
logically, plants should be purple!

Dr Phil's songs and stories will take you on a trip around the cosmos and
reveal the surprising things that make our world special.

An uplifting show that will thrill you, entertain you and wow you.

Dr Phil is a physicist, entertainer, pianist and singer. He’s performed
shows in Science shows and festivals around the world including Glasgow,
Sydney, and London. By day he’s a science writer for Cosmos Magazine, New
Scientist, Australian Geographic and more, and was selected for the 2018
Anthology of Best Australian Science Writing.

Catch the show in

Canberra: 29 January 2019 https://www.facebook.com/events/368312477064063/

Melbourne: 4 - 9 February 2019
https://www.facebook.com/events/284355135605548/

Adelaide Fringe: 13 March 2019
https://www.facebook.com/events/330234464417499/

 o  o  o  o
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: +61 414 94 55 77