[ASC-list] Fatbergs, sewer soaps and urine power: Science Gallery's DISPOSABLE pop-up

Ellie Michaelides ellie.michaelides at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jul 24 05:00:13 UTC 2019

Hi ASCers,

Science Gallery Melbourne's DISPOSABLE pop-up opens next week! We'll have fatbergs, soap made from sewage, a urine-powered phone charging station, and more! We're popping up all over Melbourne in August, including the University of Melbourne, Footscray Community Arts Centre, Testing Grounds,  Treasury Gardens and the Yarra River in Southbank. See all the details at melbourne.sciencegallery.com/seasons/disposable<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/seasons/disposable>

We also have some events coming up, including:

  *   Sh*t Happens - a poetry slam all about human waste melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/sht-happens-poetry-slam<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/sht-happens-poetry-slam>
  *   Recipe for Disaster - an interactive performative dinner experiment in the iconic 'Mad Max' South Lawn Car Park melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/recipe-disaster<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/recipe-disaster>
  *   Room with a point of view - a tour of the University of Melbourne that blends science, performance art and architectural design melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/room-point-view<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/room-point-view>
  *   Jaffle Symposium: Fatbergs & Three Cheese Jaffles - a delicious and lively discussion around the fire between artists, scientists and jaffle-enthusiasts - all about fat  melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/jaffle-symposium-fatbergs-three-cheese-jaffles<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/events/jaffle-symposium-fatbergs-three-cheese-jaffles>
  *   And more - all the details at melbourne.sciencegallery.com/seasons/disposable/program<https://melbourne.sciencegallery.com/seasons/disposable/program>

We'd love to see you there!

Cheers,
Ellie

Ellie Michaelides | Learning and Engagement Coordinator
Science Gallery Melbourne

The University of Melbourne, 32 Lincoln Square North, Level 2, Carlton, 3053
T: +61 3 8344 6106  M: +61 404 809 789  E: ellie.michaelides at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:ellie.michaelides at unimelb.edu.au>
facebook.com/scigallerymel |  twitter.com/scigallerymel  |  melbourne.sciencegallery.com

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D31D8F.E823DE70]

CRICOS: 00116K

This email and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential or the subject of copyright. Any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. The University does not warrant that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or defects. Please check any attachments for viruses and defects before opening them. If this email is received in error, please delete it and notify us by return email.