[ASC-list] Most Amazing Planet in the Universe show ( not Sydney Science Festival!)

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:00:50 UTC 2019

Announcing the show *the Sydney Science Festival rejected!**  The
controversial** Dr Phil Dooley unleashes his solo show that took Melbourne
and Adelaide Fringe by storm! ***

*The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe: An Astronomer's Ode to Earth
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VZyiC6X13Rt9yB2ZTpzL41?domain=facebook.com>
*is enthralling, moving, funny science, that will set you thinking about
your place in the Cosmos. For one night only, August 8, at SLYFOX,
Enmore. Tickets
$15.
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/A80PC71ZgLt6ZJ5nIWS2wG?domain=eventbrite.com.au>
Full details below.

* Yeah, well I stuffed up the online entry form  ...

** The controversy is in using the term "controversial"

*** Moderate to heavy showers at least, and a maybe a little wind...

*Physics in the Pub* 7 August
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/2qFXC81Zj6tMYKVBs2ECTX?domain=facebook.com>has
changed venue - it's the Friend in Hand pub in Glebe. Make sure you
register and turn up early for a packed night.  Please register here
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ywqRC91ZkQtK2pyruOJ6uZ?domain=eventbrite.com.au>.
There's one last slot for a presenter if you have some Physics to share!

Tickets to *The Poet's Guide to Science*
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/70IyC0YZWVFWmLOYIOHGLZ?domain=poetsguidetoscience.com.au>
go on sale 1 August on Sydney Fringe website. It's a hilarious and thought
provoking play about scepticism and belief in today's society and features
cameos from scientists working in controversial areas such as vaccines, GM
and Climate. Two performances only on Saturday 7th September.

*The Most Amazing Planet in the Universe: An Astronomer's Ode to Earth*
We like to think we are special and we live on the only planet. But
astronomers have recently discovered thousands of weird and wonderful
planets orbiting other stars – there may be billions more.

But Earth is still the most amazing planet - the reasons why will surprise
you.

If an alien were to visit, they would be astounded. Earth is shrouded in a
corrosive and unstable gas, oxygen. Water regularly falls from the sky in
liquid and even solid form (rocks falling from the sky?!).

And there are bizarre organisms covering the land that are green:
logically, plants should be purple!

Dr Phil's songs and stories will take you on a trip around the cosmos and
reveal the surprising things that make our world special.

An uplifting show that will thrill you, entertain you and wow you.

Dr Phil is a physicist, entertainer, pianist and singer. He’s performed
shows in Science shows and festivals around the world including Glasgow,
Sydney, and London. By day he’s a science writer for Cosmos Magazine, New
Scientist, Australian Geographic and more, and was selected for the 2018 &
2019 Anthology of Best Australian Science Writing.
 o  o  o  o
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
Subscribe to the email list: http://eepurl.com/buj_gX
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia, UT +10/11
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: +61 414 94 55 77