[ASC-list] Science communicator job

Sarah Brooker sarah at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Mar 7 01:13:27 UTC 2019

Science Communicator job

We're looking for an early-career science communicator fulltime or near fulltime to join our team in Melbourne or Sydney. This is a junior role for someone with:

  *   qualifications in science and demonstrated skill for communication; or
  *   journalism training and demonstrated skill and passion for science.
You must love science, be organised, client oriented and willing to learn.

Day to day you will be backing up our team and learning on the job. Ideally you will have some of the following skills:

  *   ability to write short, lively and accurate copy;
  *   experience in using Outlook, WordPress and/or MailChimp, social media platforms in particular Tweetdeck;
  *   editing;
  *   media pitching.
Salary is $55,000 to $65,000 plus super depending on experience. This is a 1-year contract with a 2-month probation period and the opportunity for extension.

More information about us and our work at www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au>

Please send your CV, portfolio and a brief cover note describing your key skills and what you want to do in science communication to Sarah Brooker sarah at scienceinpublic.com.au<mailto:sarah at scienceinpublic.com.au> by Wednesday 13 March 2019.

Sarah Brooker
Director, Science in Public
0413 332 489