[ASC-list] VIC - job opportunity at Scienceworks
KBarnard at museum.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 21 22:10:49 UTC 2019
Hello ASC folks,
We've just advertised for two fixed-term presenter positions - see here <https://jobs.careers.vic.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17285&in_jnCounter=223610053>for the ad on Vic Gov careers website. Also pasted below. These positions present shows, workshops, activities etc for general public and education audiences at Scienceworks.
Please forward to your networks any folks you reckon would be awesome for the roles!
Applications close Sunday 31 March.
Presenter - Scienceworks (Two positions)
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Presenter to contribute to the audience experience through effective program delivery at Scienceworks. The primary responsibility of the Presenter is to deliver programs, activities or shows in a way that engages Museums Victoria’s audiences and contributes to the audience experience.
Fixed term - part time
Education and Training
Melbourne - Western Metro
Various fixed-terms - Please see the Ad
(03) 9392 4830
Presenter, Scienceworks Museum - Irregular Part-time, fixed-term (Two positions - Reference: MV/6792: Minimum 10 x hours per fortnight; Reference: MV/3086: Minimum 20 x hours per fortnight)
• Present programs, activities, shows and workshops at Scienceworks.
• An opportunity to express your creativity and knowledge to education groups and general audiences.
• Based at Museums Victoria's award winning venue, Scienceworks, and close to public transport.
Australia's largest public museum organisation is seeking a Presenter to contribute to the audience experience through effective program delivery at Scienceworks.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit museumvictoria.com.au/about/<https://museumvictoria.com.au/about/>
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the Presenter is to deliver programs, activities or shows in a way that engages Museums Victoria's audiences and contributes to the audience experience.
1. Well-developed communication and presentation skills
2. Demonstrated ability to interpret science and technology for diverse audiences
3. Knowledge of, or a keen interest in, any of the following:
• STEM, innovation, and makerspaces
• astronomy and space science
• electricity and magnetism
• computer science
4. Awareness of education and learning techniques for diverse audiences
5. Good organisational skills and ability to work with minimal supervisionDemonstrated ability to work effectively in teams including the ability to work with multiple project leaders
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams including the ability to work with multiple project leaders
7. Able to take responsibility for own performance and manage own work and time effectively
Proficiency in Mandarin, Auslan, or another language other than English is desirable.
There are two roles available:
• Position Number: MV/6792: Minimum 10 hours per fortnight; Irregular Part-time, fixed-term position until October 2019.
• Position Number: MV/3086: Minimum 20 hours per fortnight; irregular part-time, fixed-term position until 30 June 2019.
The salary on offer for both positions is $51,717 per annum, paid pro-rata (Base of grade) plus 9.5% superannuation.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, visit museumvictoria.com.au/employment/<https://museumvictoria.com.au/employment/>; for more information about this position, please contact Kate Barnard on (03) 9392 4830
To apply, please attach the three following documents with your application:
• Your Cover letter
• Your CV
• Your written responses to the Key Selection Criteria as described in the Role Statement
Applications Close: Sunday, 31st March 2019
Public Programs Manager, Scienceworks
GPO Box 666 Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
+61 3 9392 4830
kbarnard at museum.vic.gov.au<mailto:kbarnard at museum.vic.gov.au>
This e-mail is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential. You should only read, disclose, transmit, copy, distribute, act in reliance on or commercialise the contents if you are authorised to do so. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify postmaster at museum.vic.gov.au <mailto:postmaster at museum.vic.gov.au> by email immediately, or notify the sender and then destroy any copy of this message. Views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where specifically stated to be those of an officer of Museums Victoria. Museums Victoria does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free from errors, virus or interference.
More information about the ASC-list