[ASC-list] Be a part of Science Week at Botanic Gardens in Sydney

Vanessa Fuchs Vanessa.Fuchs at bgcp.nsw.gov.au
Tue May 21 03:37:16 UTC 2019

Looking for science activations ...
National Science Week in the Botanic Gardens and Centennial Parklands 2019

With more than 10k visitors, Science in the Swamp<https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/whatson/Science-in-the-Swamp> and Science in the Wild<https://www.australianbotanicgarden.com.au/Whats-On/Science-in-the-Wild-Dinosaurs-vs-Superpowers> have become the largest science communication event during National Science Week and Sydney Science Festival. The events are supported by Inspiring Australia and the Australian Government.

For 2019, we are looking for engaged scientists who want to share their work with the public.
At our beautiful sites, we are running three outdoor family events that will give scientists a platform to show their work.
Our little video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgVypiShle4> will give you an idea of our event.

Please send a short description of your work and planned activities to Christian.Eckardt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au<mailto:Christian.Eckardt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au> and we will try to include you into our events. We can accept applications until 23 June 2019.

Dates:
11 August - Science in the Wild, The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
18 August - Living Laboratories, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
18 August - Science in the Swamp, Centennial Parklands

We are looking forward to your ideas.
Kind regards,

Christian Eckardt
Team Leader Education and Community Programs
Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands

Botanic Gardens<http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/> & Centennial Parklands<https://www.centennialparklands.com.au/>
T (02) 9339 6664 | M 0420534053
E Christian.Eckardt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au<mailto:Christian.Eckardt at bgcp.nsw.gov.au>