[ASC-list] ANU research on interactive science exhibit design in Australia

Merryn McKinnon merryn.mckinnon at anu.edu.au
Tue May 28 23:27:52 UTC 2019

Are you or do you know an interactive exhibit designer? A CPAS masters student would like to hear from you!

My name is Ruoyu Duan (Jenny), a Masters student at the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (CPAS) at the Australian National University. Under the supervision of Dr. Graham Walker<https://cpas.anu.edu.au/people/academics/dr-graham-walker>, I am doing a research project on the relationship between primary-school-aged children’s initial and maintained interest and design characteristics of interactive science exhibits. Because your organisation is experienced in exhibit design, I sincerely invite you to participate in the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WMR8L2X

If someone else in your organisation is best suited to complete this survey, please could you forward this to them. If you have multiple staff with exhibit expertise, it would be wonderful if they could all complete the survey – thanks!

If you know more science exhibit designers/organisations in Australia, I would be extremely grateful if you could forward this email to them.

The questionnaire will require 5 to 10 minutes to complete. In order to remain anonymous, please do not write your name, but you can opt to fill your employer’ name. If you choose to participate in this survey, please complete the online questionnaire before July 31, 2019. Participation is voluntary. Completion and submission of the questionnaire indicate your consent to participate in this survey.

I so appreciate your help and contribution. I hope the data collected will help interactive science exhibit designers to make more creative, effective and interesting exhibits. If you would like to know more details of the study, please see the attached information sheet or contact me via the below details.

Best regards,
Jenny

Contact details
Student Name: Ruoyu Duan