[ASC-list] Brisbane Fresh Science - Wednesday 6 November, 6.30pm
jenni at econnect.com.au
Tue Nov 5 10:37:53 UTC 2019
Make sure to register for this event tomorrow evening: freshscienceqld2019.eventbrite.com.au<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/fresh-science-in-the-pub-qld-2019-tickets-73366815119>
We have 12 fresh scientists who will entertain you with their science and their poetry. Hear about:
* Improving life support by stressing cells (Antony McNamee, Griffith University)
* Smashing avocado diseases with rapid tests (Louisa Parkinson, University of Queensland)
* Smart nanoparticles on straight path to cure cancer (Nicholas Fletcher, University of Queensland)
* Koalas health and diet shaped by mothers’ poo (Michaela Blyton, University of Queensland)
* 3D printed bone implants could eliminate amputations (Tara Shabab, Queensland University of Technology)
* Saving lives on big mining rigs with new sensors (Toan Dinh, Griffith University)
* Tapeworm protein promises new cancer treatment (Shiwanthi Ranasinha, Queensland Institute of Medical Research)
* Smart robot detects and sprays weeds (Mostafa Rahini Azghadi, James Cook University)
* Putting an end to non-healing wounds (Joan Rohl, Queensland University of Technology)
* Safe and effective painkillers from tarantula venom (Alexander Mueller, University of Queensland)
* Better GPS with atomic clocks and quantum chickens (Magdalena Zych, University of Queensland)
* Household drug gives smaller babies a better start to life (Julie Wixey, University of Queensland)
Complimentary food available and a cash bar (also takes credit cards).
WHERE: The Atrium, P-Block Level 6, Science and Engineering Centre, Queensland University of Technology (QUT) Gardens Point campus
WHEN: Wednesday 6 November 6:30-8:30pm
Presented by Econnect Communication<http://www.econnect.com.au/> and hosted by Jenni Metcalfe.
QLD sponsorship from Queensland University of Technology, The University of Queensland, and Griffith University.
A special thanks to QUT for hosting the event.
Fresh Science 2019<https://freshscience.org.au/> is organised nationally by scienceinpublic<https://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/>.
Director, Econnect Communication Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 (0)408 551 866
jenni at econnect.com.au<mailto:jenni at econnect.com.au>
PO Box 3734
South Brisbane. QLD 4101
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list