[ASC-list] Melbourne (St Kilda), request for speaker, Wed 16th Oct 19 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Clare Mullen clare.mullen at bom.gov.au
Tue Oct 8 06:10:20 UTC 2019

Hi all

I've had a request for a guest speaker on science communication on Wed 16 Oct 19 (15mins) in St Kilda which I can't attend; request as below. If you're keen, please get in contact with Matthew Gordon -  Matthew.gordon at oursay.org<mailto:Matthew.gordon at oursay.org>

Hi Clare, I am facilitating the 2019 Environmental Leadership program for members of the community in Port Phillip City Council . Basically the program provides mentorship and guidance to about 30 community members who applied to the program through the City of Port Phillip. They come up with sustainability projects to be implemented in the local council area (Port Phillip), which could be anything ranging from beach clean-ups to creating community gardens, reducing food waste from Prahran Markets or setting up zero emissions kindergartens. I am looking for a guest speaker to provide some insights on communications - how to sell and influence people through communications. The session is on Oct 16, from 630-645 at St Kilda Surf Life-saving club. … Is this something you are interested in or available for? What would I need to do to secure your involvement? Thank you in advance, Matthew

Regards

Clare

Clare Mullen | Communication Adviser
Bureau of Meteorology

[FB-f-Logo__blue_29]<https://www.facebook.com/bureauofmeteorology>[YouTube-social-squircle_red_29px]<https://www.youtube.com/user/BureauOfMeteorology> [TwitterLogo_29px] <https://twitter.com/BOM_au>  [In-2C-29px] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/bureau-of-meteorology>  [Blog-Sig 36x36] <http://media.bom.gov.au/social>

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which I live and work and pay my respect to the Elders both past & present.