[ASC-list] VIC: Nuts & guts, brains, birds, football and doughnuts: Fresh Science at the pub next Wed 6-8pm

Sarah Brooker sarah at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Oct 18 02:56:19 UTC 2019

Dear Melbourne Science Communicators:
Join us<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/fresh-science-in-the-pub-vic-2019-tickets-71451195449> at the Belgian Beer Café at Southbank next Wednesday evening 23 October to see this year's Victorian and NT Fresh Scientists present.
Ten Fresh Scientists will take to the stage and explain their work in the time it takes a birthday sparkler to burn out.
You'll hear how sound waves are being used to deliver drugs; how to save spinal injury in our troops; an alternative battery for electric cars; and young people with old knees
>From genetic epilepsy to bendable concrete; come along and enjoy dinner, a drink and catch some of the latest science with researchers from Deakin, La Trobe, Monash, Melbourne, RMIT, Swinburne, the Florey and the Doherty.
Belgian Beer Cafe
Wednesday 23 October 6-8pm
Dinner and drinks at bar prices
Book<https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/fresh-science-in-the-pub-vic-2019-tickets-71451195449> your spot
A very big thanks to our supporters: The University of Melbourne, Monash University, La Trobe University, RMIT and the Royal Society of Victoria.
More at www.freshscience.org.au<http://www.freshscience.org.au>

Kind regards,
Sarah
Sarah Brooker, Director of Science in Public and Coordinator of Fresh Science, now in it's 22nd year. 0413 332 489
[cid:image002.png at 01D585BB.CE7EC250]