[ASC-list] Get your employer to sponsor the February Conference!

Phil Dooley phildooley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 05:33:19 UTC 2019

Hi All

I hope you're all aware - excited even - that the next conference is being
planned and will be brilliant. You should _totes_ register now (before the
prices hike up!). And bring your friends, colleagues and scientists you
argue with about how to communicate.

Info is here http://asc2020.asc.asn.au.

I'm also sure you know that ASC is volunteer-led and has the lowest annual
fees in this or any other universe*  We run the conferences on a
shoestring, sometime within a few bucks of breaking even. EVERY extra
attendee helps!

BUT What would be amazing, would be if all you wonderful people out there
in email-list-land  were to help us find sponsors. You know ASC is an
amazing network, and the chance for any science related organisation to get
their brand in front of our conference is gold. So, share that opportunity
with your boss/CEO/marketing department.

I've pasted an email below that you can forward or edit for your own
porpoises, or you can visit here http://asc2020.asc.asn.au/sponsorship/

It's going to be a great conference! Looking forward to seeing you, your
colleagues and your boss's cheque book there!

Phil,  National VP

* still awaiting full results from the inter-dimensional multiverse survey
monkey poll.

*Promotional opportunity at the National Conference of the Australian
Science Communicators*

I’m writing to offer you an opportunity to promote your organisation and to
help make the Eleventh National Conference of the Australian Science
Communicators a success.

It’s a chance to get your brand in front of a remarkable cross-section of
the science industry. The highly-regarded conference occupies a unique
place in Australia, attracting journalists, corporate communicators, policy
officers, publicists, writers, exhibition designers, educators, scientists
and many others with a common interest in effectively communicating
science.

In past conferences delegates from over 100 organisations have heard from
presenters as diverse as the Chief Scientist, prominent journalists and
science superstars Dr Karl and Derek Muller (Veritasium). Our sponsorship
packages will put you in excellent company.

The conference will be held in the third week of February at Monash
University in Melbourne, and brings together Australia’s broad range of
science communicators, to share best-practice theory, workshops and case
studies.

Previous conferences have attracted up to 500 people, ranging from students
to long-term practitioners – all with a strong interest in science-related
fields.

The theme for the conference is *Priorities, Policies and Publics for Human
Survival*, and we still have opportunities left for sponsorship, ranging
from trade tables in the high-traffic catering area of the conference,
high-visibility digital signage, satchel inserts, evening networking
sponsor and more – all for highly attractive prices.

Email us for a list of possibilities - and we are happy to customise
something that suits your needs.

If you think you might be interested in partnering with us, please contact
Kali Madden at sponsorship at asc.asn.au, National President Lisa Bailey on
0427 490 088 or myself on 0414 945 577.

More info is here http://asc2020.asc.asn.au/sponsorship/

Kind regards,

Phil Dooley
Vice-President
Australian Science Communicators
 o  o  o  o
Dr Phil Dooley
Science writer, videomaker, presenter and science communication trainer.
PhilUpOnScience.com.au
Subscribe to Phil Up On Science email list
<https://sibforms.com/serve/MUIEAHwORa-15PZl9aEVxuiAVpmeMrQmAW5CJOQwmd0JMYDY8RqITXO8KBLmStfpJc_X2rqitnb0fy8mOLyJFKP42X4AGM48Vmp5Sr61p7yhiswEzeBzabVecb-aqzzl1Z3GTbI1WkmZB0C9Pa1LZ5hvLAkzHtcMnAE8h9O3BiKJ1glB-8UxqwmgT7yogCOkomOXu1im7tIG11vd>
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter: Phil Up On Science
Physical: Canberra, Australia, UT +10/11
E: phildooley at gmail.com
P: +61 414 94 55 77